Standard controls

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Wed Sep 11 11:31:52 CDT 2002

On September 11, 2002 12:12 pm, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> "Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> writes:
> > So what about moving them to a separate DLL, say winectrl?
>
> Sounds like you have too much time on your hands these days ;-)

maybe... :)

> I think they are just fine in USER. GNOME/KDE integration would
> require a lot more than just hacking the standard controls anyway.

That's true. But we'd have other advantages as well, such as making
sure they use only exported USER functions, we could move them to
Windows to test them out, an easily replaceable Look'n'feel, etc.
I think it can bring cleanliness in general. Maybe this way we'll
find a way to factor out the look'a'feel that we have with the Tweak
flag into different DLLs.

--
Dimi.