winebuild & (name, heap, init)

Patrik Stridvall ps at leissner.se
Wed Sep 11 12:01:20 CDT 2002

> Mingw as PE. So
> > > your script,
> from there, and
> time, only
> installed,

> > > Why? This is as good of a verification method (no, even
> better) than
> > > what we have today.
> >
> > Sure, but I have written the Perl code I know how ad hoc it is.
> > It works under reasonable assumptions however beyond that...
> >
> > But I'm not really against it, I'm just pointing out
> > potential problems...
>
> I thought the WINE tree and regression suite would try and
> move away from a perl dependancy?

It is not really dependent on Perl. Of course you can't
run regression test written in Perl without Perl...

> How is all of this going to effect building on
> Windows/ReactOS with Mingw? I have had a bitch of a
> time getting Mingw+MSYS+Perl working and would hate to see it
> become a bigger requirement. If
> -mno-cygwin worked right I dont guess it would be as big of a
> deal because then we could still
> build WINE-Mingw under cyg but atm some import is still
> hosing things up and forcing importation
> of cygwin1.dll so the recommended setup is just Mingw+MSYS.

I understand. On the other hand we can't hold back "progress"
just because of difficulties of installing certains tools
on certain platforms.

But judging from Alexandres message it won't be happing anytime
soon...

> Note: even using perl on cygwin is still borked atm for the
> regression suite and I havent even
> tried winapi_check. another option may be to look at active
> perl for windows but I really dont
> like that idea.

ActivePython for Windows works nicely.
Haven't tested ActivePerl...