winebuild & (name, heap, init)

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Wed Sep 11 15:14:15 CDT 2002

On 11 Sep 2002, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
[...]
> > You now know where a __declspec function begins and ends.
> > This reduces the problem to the parsing of a function declaration.
> > The rest is left as an exersize to the reader. :-)
>
> All you really need is the function name, which should be the last
> token before the opening '('. The only problem is if you want to find
> the number of args for stdcall decoration, but we should be able to do
> without it.

This reminded me of ??2 at YAPAXI@Z. There's of ton like it in msvcrt and
msvcrt20. Can these really be handled just by parsing the Wine sources.
It seems like we would have to do quite a bit of type analysis
though I'm not sure how much: do the fields composing a structure
matter?. Probably not if it's a pointer to.

As a side note, for any solution that removes the need for spec files to
be useful to Winelib developpers, it absolutely has to support C++
(think MFC).

At least in the Winelib case it is not a strict requirement to match the
name mangling of MSVC. It just means you cannot call Winelib C++
libraries from native ones and vice-versa, which you currently cannot
anyway.

                         Stolen from an Internet user:
              "f u cn rd ths, u cn gt a gd jb n cmptr prgrmmng !"