SHLWAPI merging #4

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Thu Sep 12 13:00:44 CDT 2002

Jon <jon_p_griffiths at> writes:

> Does anyone object to my moving SHLWAPI_1 & 2 into url.c and moving out the
> definitions from ordinal.h in there as well?
> I want to tidy this up because at some point in the not too distant future the
> ordinal code will get a lot bigger. So it makes sense to me to implement
> ordinals that are related in the same files (like the MIME ord. functions in
> url.c), and to split out other ord. groups (gdi/windows/com/ie/perfmon etc)
> into their own files as well. OK?

Actually there's no reason at all to group ordinal functions together,
the fact that they are exported by ordinal is just a detail that
doesn't matter for understanding what's going on. It's much better to
group ordinal string functions with other string functions, ordinal
URL functions with other URL stuff etc.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at