recognize Unix-style hidden files

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Sat Sep 14 03:58:12 CDT 2002

On Sat, 14 Sep 2002, Shachar Shemesh wrote:

> Francois Gouget wrote:
>
> >Note that on Windows the common dialog 'Open dialogs' show hidden files.
> >More precisely that's how I have them configured on my system. I don't
> >know what Wine does in this regard, but if it currently really hides
> >hidden file, then that would be another option to add.
> >
> This is not quite true. You asked explorer to display hidden files, and
> as a result the file dialog shows them as well.

Yes, you configure this via Explorer. I assume it sets a registry key
which is then used by the "open dialog" in common dialogs. We need to
use the same registry key, and then to put the cherry on top of the cake
we should provide a way for the user to change it's value (something
better than regapi xxx). That's more or less what I proposed in a
previous email (though it was about another flag).

> >--
> >
> make your signature start with dash dash space instead of dash dash, and
> mail clients will actually know it is a signature.

Sorry, I thought there was a space there already. In any case it should
be there now.

           Cahn's Axiom: When all else fails, read the instructions.