ntdll.dll vs. ntoskrnl.exe

Steven Edwards Steven_Ed4153 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 15 14:46:29 CDT 2002

>Anyway I found out that probably it isn't much possible to run native
>"ntoskrnl.exe" inside Wine emulation sandbox and thus it is better to try to
>provide builtin emulation despite "ntoskrnl.exe" is not much documented. :-(
>
>My first W32 code ever written was "hal.dll". My second one will be thus
>probably "ntoskrnl.exe" and I hope this will be really the last one. :-)

If licensing is not a problem (GPL) you could take a look at the ReactOS
source tree as we implement ntdll, ntoskrnl and the hal. We may have
something in our code that will be of use to you for loading your
driver. Mabey you could adapt parts of ReactOS to a Linux Module or
something if licensing is a issue.

Steven