Netapi32 ??

Martin Wilck Martin.Wilck at Fujitsu-Siemens.com
Tue Sep 17 02:41:55 CDT 2002

Am Mon, 2002-09-16 um 20.43 schrieb Andriy Palamarchuk:

> I'm now working to implement some netapi32 calls.
> My implementations use information, provided by Wine
> or give some dummy values.
> Do you think this will be enough for your application?

Hmm - it's about identification and access right verification.
Currently I rather tend to replace all this by "native unix"
verification. I actually don't think it's a good idea for my app to
bypass the Unix system.

In this context, one idea would be to simply route requests like these
to Unix services like PAM. There may even be a samba Authorization
service for PAM installed. That way it might actually be possible to map
authorization issues like this correctly from wine to e.g. a PDC, but
through the native Unix interface, and without creating a Samba+Wine
"monster" app. This is far future of course.

What do you think?

> You can give me the list of calls your application
> uses - I'll give preference to implementing them.

I'll try to make a list.

Thanks, Martin

--
Martin Wilck                Phone: +49 5251 8 15113
Fujitsu Siemens Computers   Fax:   +49 5251 8 20409