PATCH: make wine find winelib apps better

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Tue Sep 17 13:26:13 CDT 2002

Martin Wilck <Martin.Wilck at Fujitsu-Siemens.com> writes:

> But what harm can it do here? Lower-case is tried first. With the patch,
> open_builtin_exe() just succeeds in a few more cases where otherwise
> wine would simply bail out and say it can't find the application.
>
> If this is really so dangerous that it can't be applied, winemaker must
> be changed to make the .exe.so's automatically lower case.

It's not that it's really dangerous, it simply doesn't solve the issue
except in that very specific case. There are many other places,
notably the loadorder support, where we cannot do case-sensitive
lookups. And yes, I think winemaker should make the .exe.so's lower
case (and the dlls too BTW, they will have the same problem).

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com