documentation dir

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Fri Sep 20 11:21:53 CDT 2002

> > - my point was to remove (mainly) the README and stuff like that from
> > the module dir
>
> I don't have a problem with that, but if it's general info for developers
> working on that DLL, where do you put it?
you can leave it as a README, but it sounds it's rarely updated
I'd suggest putting it in the "main.c" file (there's in most of the
cases
such a file). To cope with the "it's hard to find argument", we could
generate such a reference list (from parsing content of C files)

> > - perhaps, what we could add is a structured way to describe this
> > "in code" documentation (so we can extract it later on if needed)
>
> Yes, but it's getting complicated. I was just looking to clean up
> things a bit :)
another can of worms ;-) (and yes stuff like doxygen could do it)

A+