export {Start,End}GraphicsExposures from x11drv

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Mon Sep 23 15:40:12 CDT 2002

On September 23, 2002 04:19 pm, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> instance you'd have to split ShowWindow into a "show" call and then a
> separate "process exposures" call which would need to redo most of the
> work to find out what the previous "show" call did.

This is not necessarily so. That's why you have a Start/End pair. It lets
you collect the exposure events that happen between the two brackets.

But regardless, I was looking at ShowWindow, and I don't understand
what is it doing in the USER driver. It's just a wrapper arount
SetWindowPos (which should be in the driver). Why have this one in
there in the first place? The driver has to implement the functionality
in SetWindowPos anyway, it can not do a better job for ShowWindow.
Even if it can, the current implementation should be as a fallback in
USER, not in the driver.

--
Dimi.