export {Start,End}GraphicsExposures from x11drv

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Mon Sep 23 16:14:34 CDT 2002

On September 23, 2002 04:54 pm, Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> Then you force the driver to collect them for the End call, which in

But of course, you called Start! If you don't want them collected
for the end call, don't start collecting them... :) I really see
these as: tell me what gets invalidated between these two calls.

In fact, I don't think it's such a big deal: they are used only
by ScrollWindowEx, we might as well just implement it in the driver,
and have no fallback. I guess I was just trying to understand
(as an academic matter) why you think we shouldn't be able
to ask the USER driver what got invalidated when doing stuff...

> ShowWindow does a lot more than SetWindowPos. It handles
> minimize/maximize which needs to interact with the window manager

Good point. I missed that -- I looked at the implementation,
instead of the definition <blush/>. It clearly belongs in the driver.

--
Dimi.