twickline2 at triad.rr.com
Tue Sep 24 10:35:09 CDT 2002
Here is the status of what I have so far on the ToDo's.
I am not sure what section to put alot of this in so I just made
Tools , Instructions & Aspect or Component for now.
As much feedback as possiable is welcomed .
Wine ToDo's as of 9/24/02
Contact : twickline2 at triad.rr.com
Wine ToDo OverView
* Window management needs proper inter-process handling of
activation, focus, repaint.
National Language Support
* ASCII function work
* Winsock1 calls,in particular select(),use direct system calls
instead of using related wine APIs
* More unit tests need to be written
* Make sure OOB data is handled properly. Check client-size blocking.
* WS2: "provider" interface
* WS2: Support other kind of services, like IrDA.
* Fix stubs left in ws2_32.spec
Multimedia wave audio
* Open Sound System: Support for full-duplex. Fix bugs.
* Drivers for other APIs (ALSA, Esound, others).
* Make the latency configurable (tunable).
* More intelligent prebuffering.
* Complete support for hardware secondary buffers through the HAL
(for a future ALSA multimedia wave audio driver).
* 3D sound buffers.
* Sound capture (recording).
* wine installation process should install and configure wine
* winemaker fixes
* Run C regression tests on Windows with MSVC
* Compile Wine with -DSTRICT
* Work on WRC as it does not find system headers
* Write a proper Users Guide Introduction
* Documentation updates
Aspect or Component
* More DLL Separation
* BiDi support
* Review of Wine Server Protocol
* Finalize Server Protocol
* VxD support
* PAM (Pluggable Authentication Modules)
* SEH support
* Visual C++'s native COM support
* Complete the SMB code (Server Message Block)
* Implement WinNT file handling
* Add DWARF2 support
* Implement a DIB engine
* Speed up PDB support
* Network UNC path handling
* Libfontconfig support
* Create replacement of browser component (Internet Explorer/I
Add links to:
For a full list of .9/1.0 task's
More information about the wine-devel