ToDo's

Eric POUECH Eric.Pouech at wanadoo.fr
Tue Sep 24 15:45:34 CDT 2002

> Here is the status of what I have so far on the ToDo's.
> I am not sure what section to put alot of this in so I just made
> Tools , Instructions  & Aspect or Component for now.
> As much feedback as possiable is welcomed .

here's some feedback:

Sound drivers
- Alsa driver (on final 0.9 interface)

Video:
- implement native codecs (RLE...)

DDE:
- enhance memory management issues (interprocess sending)

wineconsole:
- add a (n)curse backend so that we can run CUI programs without using USER32 (and X11 behind)

file management:
- implement NT file namespace
- UNC support
- allow flexibility in FS "mounting" (for example, SMB shares)
(NB: I think we should make that clearer and not keep it shadowed in the Aspect/component list)

(native) programs:
- winhelp: fix invocation thru WinHelp
- winedbg: make winedbg use dbghelp DLL (and implement it of course)

remove the Multimedia wave audio section
SEH support has been lately enhanced, is there still known issues ?
IMO, Dwarf2 support should not be added to winedbg. use of gdb proxy should be required instead. (even if it means adding PDB support to gdb, but that'd be a better investment)

we should make clear what the low priority items are (VxD support with dynamic loading for example)

A+