[Controversial] Developper only CVS sandbox

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Wed Sep 25 16:09:50 CDT 2002

Le mer 25/09/2002 à 17:00, Lionel Ulmer a écrit :
> > Unfortunately your topic is not controversial enough. :-)
>
> Damn :-)

Next time, add something about an automatic indentation program, or
which text editor should be mandatory to hack on Wine. That'll do the
trick :)

> > Obviously anybody that have the resources can setup a CVS
> > server and give accounts to others.
>
> Yeah, my plan was to find time and install a CVS server on my own box.
>
> The problem is that 1) I do not have a lot of uplink bandwidth and 2) I hate
> CVS :-)

If you hate it, why do you want to use it then? :-)

> > BTW, Wine already have a SourceForge account
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/wine/
> > (registered by Dimitrie it seems).
> >
> > Why not use it? SourceForge provides CVS access IIRC.
>
> Yes, but I do not know if they provide restricted CVS access.

What do you mean by "restricted"? Read, or write access?

On SourceForge, as everywhere else, obviously write access is restricted
to the project's developpers. And if you take the time to read some of
their documentation, you'll notice that your CVS repositery must be
publicly accessible to be hosted on SF.net. Of course, if it's not
referenced anywhere outside, it'll be difficult to find it.

Vincent