MZ_FillPSP() in dlls/winedos/module.c

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Wed Sep 25 19:47:27 CDT 2002

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Chris Morgan wrote:
[...]
> I haven't tested this with wcmd.exe.  I'm also not using command.com as my
> comspec, I'm using 4nt, a command.com replacement.

So it is really a dos application. In that case, according to Ove's
email it seems there is no way past the 128 character limit (can we
increase the PSP size without breaking binary compatibility?).
So the big question is:
 * does this work in real dos?
 * how does it pass the arguments?

> I'm not sure how support of 32kb+ long command
> lines would be implemented or if many apps even use such long command lines.

I believe 32KB long command lines are already supported... but for
Win32 applications, not Dos applications. Just checked and it does work
for Win32 applications (at least up to 1500 chars, I don't have the
patience to copy/paste more ;-).

In theory, theory and practice are the same, but in practice they're different.