winemaker (WAS Where is the specfile documented nowadays?)

Martin Wilck Martin.Wilck at
Thu Sep 26 03:11:35 CDT 2002

Am Mit, 2002-09-25 um 20.57 schrieb Bill Medland:
> OK.  Here is where I have a slight problem.  (I am quite prepared to accept
> that it may be because I am not thinking, I am missing or I am just an
> idiot).

You are moving in realms that I've not yet dared enter :)

> But winemaker seems to be setting things up so that it will create
> /usr/local/lib/

This is because winemaker was designed to create winelib DLL
replacements. I guess linking lib/wine/ to lib/
might do the job - right? Perhaps you also need to create an empty
shfile.dll in your Windows\System directory, but now I am demonstrating
that I'm ignorant.

Perhaps winemaker should be fixed such that both lib/wine/ and
lib/ are created. That'd be a fairly easy hack.

Martin Wilck                Phone: +49 5251 8 15113
Fujitsu Siemens Computers   Fax:   +49 5251 8 20409
Heinz-Nixdorf-Ring 1	    mailto:Martin.Wilck at
D-33106 Paderborn