winedbg is not finding debug symbols, anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

Greg Turner gmturner007 at ameritech.net
Thu Sep 26 16:20:23 CDT 2002

Eric POUECH wrote...

> but I assume you double checked that more likely, aren't you using gcc 3.2
> by any chance ? if so, you need to force ELF symbol emission, not
> Dwarf II which became default in 3.2

Bingo.  Guilty as charged.  Thank you SO MUCH for this, I should have figured gcc3.2 was the culprit,
that thing is feisty!  I'll take a look at whether I can find a generic solution to this and post a patch.

Now that you mention it, I think gcc3.2 has some other interesting warnings, something about
some alignment thingys not supported anymore (probably I just change "-m$X" to "-f$X" to fix),
I'll see about those too, could well be important...

-gmt

--
"Waiting periods are only a step. Registration is only a step.
The prohibition of private firearms is the goal."