winemaker: wineapploader changes

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Thu Sep 26 22:48:44 CDT 2002

Francois Gouget <fgouget at codeweavers.com> writes:

> However, looking for wine in bindir does not make sense:
> * I don't install the Winelib applications I compile using Winelib. So
> * I leave prefix to the default value: /usr/local
>
> * I always build my application using a Wine source tree. This means
> * that there is strictly nothing of interest in /usr/local/bin.
>
> * configure.ac goes to great length to figure out where wrc, winebuild
> * and *wine* are located. So at the end of configure.ac we know very
> * well what the path to wine is. It's '$WINE'.

There seems to be some confusion here. We have two very different
problems: one is how to make things work on the build machine, and one
is how to make things work when installed. configure can only detect
where things are on the build machine, but in general that's not the
right paths to put in the installed binaries. The installed stuff goes
in $(prefix), and I think it makes sense to expect that Wine itself
will be installed there too.

Note that in Wine wineapploader is only used for make install; running
from inside the tree is a different problem and is done by a different
script. I think winemaker should do the same thing.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com