Debugger no more starting

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Sun Sep 29 21:25:24 CDT 2002

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> writes:

> That's very unfortunate, as it is extremely counterintuitive. To the
> point where *I* gave up on using the debugger. A developer. What about
> users? We'll have to explain weird technical reasons: that's a winelib
> app, that's PE executable, etc. This sucks. Wine should seamlessly
> integrate all these executables together. A user should not care about
> the actual type of executable, it should just be able to run the dang
> thing.

But that's exactly what it does. You have problems because you know
too much; with the new scheme a user doesn't even have to know that
there is a way to configure the debugger, it will just work. The
change only bites people who knew how it worked before and adapted
their registry; so now you need to return your registry to the default
state to make things work.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com