Edit box input problem

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Tue Apr 1 01:22:59 CST 2003

G'day all,
I'm having a strange problem with any application that uses a delphi
TMaskEdit component. I have knocked up a simple test application.
http://www.seme.com.au/masktest.tgz
It's in Borland Delphi 4 and contains both the .exe and the source for
the interested or security conscious.

Can someone else run this up on their wine build and see if it's doing
the same thing?

Under windows, it will only accept three numeric characters, under wine
I'm unable to edit the field, it accepts over 3 characters and of any
type, plus the first one or two character entries create a message storm
as watched with a --debugmsg +message.

Also, I'm willing to have a crack at fixing this, which .dll source
should I start looking at?

I also tried this with native comctl32, commdlg and oleaut32 dll's just
in case. Problem remains.

A normal Edit component works fine, and if I remove the mask it works
fine, so it must be something the in the delphi code for the TMaskEdit
component that is triggering a wine bug.

--
Brad....
  /"\