Fw: glibc tracker bug - installshiels

Davide Giannotti davide.giannotti at itsplanet.com
Tue Apr 1 11:15:45 CST 2003

> RedHat 9
>
> You need to set the environment variable LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5 in the
shell
> prior to running configure and prior to running wine.

after installing i suggest to add the line in your winelauncher script
(/usr/local/bin/winelauncher) and to launch associate the .exe extension
with winelauncher. It works fine for me.

----

I'm still hanging on installshield.
I copied the suggested stdole* files and rcp*4 from my win98 cd (or whatever
i don't rembe now) in my system folder, but the microsoft installer 2
doesn't install correctly. It doesn't create it's directory in the common
files.
I tried to install it in a clean win98 pc and copy the dir, but
installshield doesn't work from some apps.
I think this should be fixed in some way.

Thank you all guys.

Davide Giannotti
ITS Planet s.n.c.
E-mail: davide.giannotti at itsplanet.com