Any DCOM experts?

Gregory M. Turner gmturner007 at ameritech.net
Wed Apr 2 11:02:10 CST 2003

On Monday 31 March 2003 11:40 am, Bill Medland wrote:
> > > The builtin rpcrt4 fails on a call to unimplemented
> > > RpcServerInqDefaultPrincName but I don't understand why it is even
> > > calling that; why does it think I have Netware only and why does it
> > > think this is a server process.
> >
> > What does that have to do with netware? As far as I know, the security
> > principal is the backbone of the NT domain's and DCOM's security model.

Probably just crappy docs.  IIRC DCE RPC does define an equivalent API, so it
ought to have some non-netware applications as well.  Probably, stubs for
more of the RPC security and name services API's would be helpful here, if
only to expose a new landscape of unimplemented functionality ;)

So to recreate this, what does one do exactly?  DCOMTST does it with native
rpcrt4?  Or some other setup?

--
gmt

"An honorable Peace is and always was my first wish! I can take
no delight in the effusion of human Blood; but, if this War should
continue, I wish to have the most active part in it." --John Paul
Jones