Any DCOM experts?

Bill Medland billmedland at mercuryspeed.com
Wed Apr 2 13:20:44 CST 2003

On April 2, 2003 09:02 am, Gregory M. Turner wrote:

> > > What does that have to do with netware? As far as I know, the security
> > > principal is the backbone of the NT domain's and DCOM's security model.
>
> Probably just crappy docs.  IIRC DCE RPC does define an equivalent API, so
> it ought to have some non-netware applications as well.  Probably, stubs
> for more of the RPC security and name services API's would be helpful here,
> if only to expose a new landscape of unimplemented functionality ;)
>
> So to recreate this, what does one do exactly?  DCOMTST does it with native
> rpcrt4?  Or some other setup?

(Ref. MSDN Q259011)
The DCOMTEST program pair is based on the simple DCOM sample provided with the
platform SDK.

In what way it is different I don't know but it is basically the same.

As far as we are concerned the first stumbling block is a call to
CoCreateInstanceEx with a non-null server.

To get anywhere you will need to use the native ole32.

--
Bill Medland
ACCPAC International, Inc.
medbi01 at accpac.com