Transient registry entries?

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Thu Apr 3 11:26:27 CST 2003

Mike Hearn <m.hearn at> writes:

> The wineserver seems the most logical choice, but I'm not sure if there
> are any special rules regarding it, nor whether Alexandre would accept
> stuff like interface probing into the server, it might be considered
> bloat. Care to comment Alexandre? Which is the best place for this code?

I don't think we want to have 'magic' registry entries that are
computed dynamically, at least not inside the normal branches. There
are dynamic branches like HKEY_DYN_DATA where we will need that, but I
think the rest should use the normal update mechanisms. For things
like plugging in a new interface, there should already be callback
scripts in Linux that you can hook into to set the corresponding
registry key.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at