gdi32 and wine

KK singh kk_singh at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 4 02:27:51 CST 2003

Hi,
I am new to wine and it seems I would be sticking to
it for sometime.

I saw the builtin gdi32.dll specs. They seem quite
different from What I see
in dependency walker for gdi32 on windows xp.
Actually, due to this difference,  I get Function Not
implemented error when
i run wine.

I am using the 20030318 build of wine from winehq.

When i opened the gdi32.spec.c file, the header says
it is automatically
generated and that it should not be edited.
Now, I want to contribute to wine by updating the
builtin gdi32.dll parallel
to the native one installed on xp.

But, how to go ahead with it ?? Or more precisely How
gdi32.spec.c is
generated using winebuild.
How can I add missing functions.. (NamedEscape) and
how can i update export table of
gdi32.dll.so
Any suggestions pointers are welcome

TIA