[msimg32] Implements GradientFill

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmx.net
Sun Apr 6 15:18:35 CDT 2003

I think this patch shouldn't be applied. Today I was playing with some winxp
apps that spit out a lot of unimplemented stuff. I found the following
undocumented function: GdiGradientFill.
After some searching on google I found some info about a function that looks a
lot like it (brother or sister). This is the prototype as it can be used from
good old VB:
Declare Function GdiGradientFillRect Lib "gdi32" Alias "GdiGradientFill"
(ByVal hdc As Long, pVertex As TRIVERTEX, ByVal dwNumVertex As Long, pMesh As
GRADIENT_RECT, ByVal dwNumMesh As Long, ByVal dwMode As Long) As Long

compare with:
BOOL WINAPI GradientFill( HDC hdc, TRIVERTEX *vert_array, ULONG nvert,
                          void * grad_array, ULONG ngrad, ULONG mode )

Mike Hearn and I assume that GdiGradientFill and GradientFill are the same.
The one redirects to the other. Creating circular dependecies isn't a good
problem I think. So I think this code should be moved to gdi32 and that
msimg32 forwards it.

Roderick Colenbrander