--with-nptl and glibc-2.3.2

Piotr Pawłow pp at siedziba.pl
Sun Apr 6 19:16:38 CDT 2003

On Saturday 05 of April 2003 22:52, James Pellow wrote:
> ddraw does not build.  If I disable opengl, ddraw fails in the same
> way.  This is definately a glibc problem.

I have similar problem, and it does not look like a glibc
incompatibility to me. I had even built Wine 2003-03-18 with my
current (2.3.2) glibc version less than 3 weeks ago, but I have
upgraded many packages since then.

I can build WineX 3.0pre1 or Wine versions using older build process
(for example 20020710) without problems, however all new versions
won't build. It fails at the linking stage, and the command that
fails looks like this:

gcc -shared  -Wl,-Bsymbolic,-z,defs d3d8.spec.o    basetexture.o
cubetexture.o d3d8_main.o device.o directx.o indexbuffer.o resource.o
shader.o stateblock.o surface.o swapchain.o texture.o vertexbuffer.o
volume.o volumetexture.o vshaderdeclaration.o  d3d8.dll.dbg.o -o
d3d8.dll.so -L../../dlls  -L../../libs/wine -lwine -L../../libs/uuid
-lwine_uuid  -L/usr/X11R6/lib  -lSM -lICE -lXxf86dga -lXxf86vm -lXv
-lXext -lX11  -lGL -lGLU -L../../libs/port -lwine_port -lm  -lc

It outputs lots of undefined references - as in the post that started
this thread.

I can "fix" it by linking with libraries listed as IMPORTS in
"dlls/d3d8/Makefile.in", I can even add it to "dlls/Makedll.rules.in"
to make it work with all libraries, but there is another problem:
there are no inter-DLL dependencies in my "dlls/Makefile" so DLLs are
built in the wrong order. I can also "fix" it by adding a code
creating those dependencies to "dlls/make_dlls" (copy&paste from old
Wine package), but I wonder why it worked before and why it suddenly
stopped. Any ideas?

PS. Please ignore my previous message, that change would make Wine
compile but not run.
--
 Piotr Pawłow
 mailto:pp at siedziba.pl