winedos / Small bug fixes

Jukka Heinonen jhei at iki.fi
Mon Apr 7 09:43:53 CDT 2003

Enrico Horn wrote:
> With this patch I get an unhandled exception
> while trying to run callahans crosstime saloon,
> an dos adventure that makes use of vesa.
> without the patch the program runs, just with a black picture :-)

This problem is likely caused by one of the following reasons:

- The program calls int10 from protected mode and expects to get
  selector based far pointers instead of segment based ones.
- The program previously failed to initialize VESA and now, when
  it initializes VESA correctly, it starts to crash in previously
  unused code.

Separating these two cases would make fixing this crash easier.
Do you have some traces that show int10 usage before/after patch
or can the game be downloaded for free from some site?

--
Jukka Heinonen <http://www.iki.fi/jhei/>