keyboard mapping with XFree86 4.3.0

Tim Ruehsen tim.ruehsen at openmediasystem.de
Wed Apr 9 11:21:53 CDT 2003

Hi Dmitry,

> "Tim Ruehsen" <tim.ruehsen at openmediasystem.de> wrote:
> > thanks for your answer. Dmitry's answer maked me believe to be stupid...
>
> Tim, I'm sorry if my answer was a bit crude, I really didn't mean to offend
> you.
OK, it is forgotten.

> If you will add "us" to the "XkbLayout" setting in your XF86Config like
> this
>
> Option       "XkbLayout" "us,de"

Thank you, Dmitry. But it doesn't help. In this case I have US layout which
drives me crazy...
I read some XFree READMEs. They are talking about a possibility to configure
keyboard layout 'backward compatible' - but I could not find out how (it
might help).

If there is anybody who got the keyboard variant 'nodeadkeys' working with
wine: please tell me how, maybe a snapshot from your configuration helps.

Regards, Tim