Cross compiling tests

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Sat Apr 12 17:14:14 CDT 2003

Hans Leidekker <hans at it.vu.nl> writes:

> Well, of the dlls that have a test in Wine MinGW only misses urlmon.

Yes this seems to have improved, it used to miss a lot more. I'm sure
the Mingw guys would welcome a patch to add urlmon...

> If you look at the objective of cross compiling a test, it would normally
> not make sense to cross compile a target that needs a library that the
> target platform lacks. But of course this situation different: the test
> executable is going run on Windows, not MinGW (though that may change
> someday...)

Well, the import libraries are supposed to be compatible across
Wine/Mingw/Windows, so it shouldn't matter which ones we use. And
trying different combinations is a good way to spot problems, so there
isn't a "right" one to use. I agree that using the Mingw libraries
would be preferable, at least for testing Wine; but using the Wine
libraries is a good way to test Mingw...

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com