Fall Back to ttydrv when DISPLAY is not set

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Sun Apr 13 21:35:25 CDT 2003

Uwe Bonnes <bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de> writes:

> Do you perhaps sometimes log in on your machine on a slow line?
> Do you then feel like this is a configuration error you should get warned by
> every programm you try to run?
>
> E.g. "emacs" silently falls back that way too.

But emacs actually behaves correctly on a tty. Most Windows apps will
be completely unusable with ttydrv, and failing to start is much
better than messing up the user's terminal. We could conceivably have
an option to enable that behavior, but it should definitely not be the
default.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com