WineHQ: whitespace

Jeremy Newman jnewman at codeweavers.com
Tue Apr 15 22:57:42 CDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-15 at 14:55, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> Jer,
>
> When you apply my patches, please try to no change the whitespace, as it
> creates conflicts on my side, and I can't tell if you've changed anything.
>
> I think you applied my patches from Windows, and the line endings changed,
> or something like that.

Please don't accuse me of using Windows. I would never do such a thing.
;) The problem comes from copy/paste the patch from my email prog
(Evolution) to my text editor (Anjuta). I my web code, I prefer to use 4
spaces for indenting, no tab characters please. Don't give me the spaces
take more time to transfer over http crap, our web server uses gzip
encoding. <g>

The patch was rejected by the patch command, so I had to manually line
by line apply it (ish).

In the future, attachments will be preferred for patches. I may just
decide to not apply them otherwise.