remove server silliniess

Bill Medland billmedland at
Wed Apr 16 17:44:25 CDT 2003

On April 16, 2003 01:51 pm, Gregory M. Turner wrote:
> remove run-time checks of compile-time constants.

Why is that a silliness?

I dearly wish that there were a way of doing compile-time assertion, but there
isn't, so it has to be done by a runtime assertion.

So it adds a tiny amount to the runtime.  If that really bugs you then create
a function of compile-time assertions and ensure that it gets called once

Personally considering the current status of wine and the way we have to work
on code that we don't really understand I am surprised at how few assertions
there are (and lets not get started on internal code documentation)

Or are you saying that assertions are a waste of time :-)

Bill Medland
ACCPAC International, Inc.
medbi01 at
Hosted Services: