Set TZ environment variable when not set

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Apr 16 17:59:53 CDT 2003

    David> On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 02:56:22PM -0700, Alexandre Julliard
    David> wrote:
    >> Uwe Bonnes <bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de> writes:
    >>
    >> > Changelog: > memory/environ.c: build_environment > Set the TZ value
    >> to GMT0, if TZ is not set
                         ^^^^^^^

    >> > Synplify.exe from the Quicklogic FPGA suite refused to work with
    >> the demo > license. Setting TZ to any value made it work.
    >>
    >> You should set it in your environment then, this doesn't belong in
    >> Wine.

    David> Absolutely, it isn't necessary on some unix variants (eg NetBSD)
    David> and it can't actually hold the reqiured information.  Setting it
    David> will override the default value for the user.

David,

did you look at the patch or the changelog? :-(
My proposed patch only sets TZ to a default value when TZ is _not_ set

Actually I have been hunting the synplify behaviour for years on and off.
Having a way to run synplify.exe with the demo license will probably help
some users of Quicklogic/Lattice/... EDA tools.

Bye

Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de