remove server silliniess

Gregory M. Turner gmturner007 at
Thu Apr 17 02:48:35 CDT 2003

On Thursday 17 April 2003 02:13 am, Fabian Cenedese wrote:
> >> remove run-time checks of compile-time constants.
> >
> >I dearly wish that there were a way of doing compile-time assertion, but
> > there isn't, so it has to be done by a runtime assertion.
> Well, there seem to be some reasonable tricks for that:
> This is for C++ but maybe also adaptable for C:
> bye  Fabi

ah, the hidden powers of the preprocessor -- how it drives us to obsfucation
with it's robotic stupidity...  I wonder, is cpp a turing machine?  Makes me
want to implement vim as a sed script ;)

nonetheless, considering one must sometimes make do with what one has, that
array-of-zero trick is super-clever... perhaps I'll actually make a
constructive patch out of this debacle yet..

"Democracy is the theory that holds that the common people know
what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." HL Mencken