Set TZ environment variable when not set

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Apr 17 05:17:31 CDT 2003

    Rein> On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 09:57:43 +0200, you wrote:
    >>  Okay, I see.  But the qllink.dll/synplify.exe behaviour shows we
    >> have some TZ environement variable dependancy in the wine time
    >> handling code. Any help to fix this is welcome.

    Rein> Just to help the discussion: a "getenv("TZ") on my win2000 test
    Rein> system returns NULL, neither is TZ available in a command
    Rein> window. So I guesss your applications would fail here as well.  Or
    Rein> are they perhaps restricted to win9x/DOS systems?

Well, the application works on win32 with TZ not set. But is then sets TZ to
GMT0 and spawns off a second process. When comparing a "magic string"
generated from some time value in both processes, things go astray.

Obvious the wine time related functions work different in the first process
with TZ not set and in the second process with TZ set to GMT0. I'll have to
work out...

Bye

Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de