winecfg kickoff

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Thu Apr 17 18:13:53 CDT 2003

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dimi at intelliware.ca> writes:

> So here's my proposal:
>   1. Do C1 now, but keep the current configuration in place
>   2. Label the conf file in CVS, to know when we merged it
>   3. Work on winecfg to load/save stuff properly
>   4. When done, compare the current version of the conf file
>      with the labeled one, to see what's changed.
>   5. Adapt winecfg to the new changes
>   6. Drop the old config file
>
> Now, if this sounds like a plan, I was hopeing you could do
> (1) & (2) as it seems you have an idea where things should
> end up :) (and because only you can label stuff in CVS).

There isn't really anything to merge at the source level. What we need
is for winecfg to load/set the correct registry keys (even though
saving won't be permanent for the moment it can still be tested). Then
when everything is ready we simply disable the config special case and
everything will automatically work from the normal registry.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com