rpc exception

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Mon Apr 21 22:55:16 CDT 2003

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> writes:

> Just like with threads, why not cross that bridge when we get there?
> Is it really worth it to penalize 99% of the people? When we port to
> another compiler, it will be a lot simpler to worry about those pieces
> of code, rather than have no code at all.

The difference with threads is that we know all platforms have some
kind of threading, so we know that we can adapt the code when
needed. I don't think any other C compiler supports local functions
(even g++ doesn't AFAIK), so there won't be much hope of ever making
it work. Of course we could decide to stop supporting other compilers,
but I don't think everybody would be happy with that.

> Also, not accepting code into Wine that depend on exception is one thing,
> but what about Winelib? We can have the exception code commented out if
> __WINESRC__ is defined, but at least lets get it in if it works, it will
> plug a big Winelib hole.

Sure, we can make the macros available for Winelib.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com