FoxPro & Wine :)

Patrik Stridvall ps at leissner.se
Tue Apr 22 15:27:22 CDT 2003

> > > And the question is: is this enforceable?
> >
> > And the answer is: if it isn't, neither is the (L)GPL.  Why
> would MS not
> > be able to place restrictions on distribution of their own
> copyrighted code?
> >

> Not in the case of Microsoft. This should fall under the
> sherman Anti-Trust Act.

Probably true, but I would hate to use that argument in court,
unless as the very last line of defence.

> If I buy a copy
> of MS Visual Studio and I have to redistribute files to
> Windows 9x, NT, 2K, XP, Etc then I should
> be able to also redistribute the same files to Linux or ReactOS.

Also note that if you for example put it on a web site, you are not
really redistributing to a special OS, in fact you are not
really even redistributing to a special person or company,
you are just redistributing it period....