wintab32 (from CrossOver Office)

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 23 10:49:36 CDT 2003

--- Mike Hearn <m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com> wrote:
> This is a very large amount of code, it's slightly concerning to me that
> apparently nothing was said about this before despite the fact that
> Robert North said he was working on it.

Me too.

> Is it CodeWeavers policy not to reveal what new features are being added
> until the code is merged? In particular, I'm now left wondering whether
> or not the system tray in CX Office has XEMBED support (as this bug is
> highly user visible for non-kde users, so it might have been a candidate
> for a fix) - at some point once I've finished my current project and
> resolved a few ActiveX painting bugs I'm going to try and implement
> XEMBED support for the system tray, but I don't want to waste my time if
> it's already been implemented by CodeWeavers.

I dont know if this is a policy or just the way its always been. Just because it is in the CX tree
doesnt mean it will make it in to WINE when time for a merge comes. In a lot of cases codeweavers
will implement some very nasty hacks to make things work that you would not want in WINE because
it wont work in all cases.

Still I agree codeweavers people who folow this list should at least speak up when they know
someone is writting code that is already in CX and might get merged in. For the most part they
tend to be very active like with Mikes named pipe and SMB work.

Thanks
Steven