Server Crash

Jeremy Newman jnewman at
Thu Apr 24 10:08:55 CDT 2003

It's time for the annual server crash kids! Whee!

Our server melted last night at about 3am or so after 2 days of solid
high traffic (the load average was up over 100). I managed to get it up
and running with some WD-40, Duct Tape, and some bubble gum. I can't
guarantee uptime right now. I AM, however, scrambling to beef it up to
handle the load.

I apologize in advance for any further downtime. As you can imagine,
with all this good press, I don't want the server do be down any longer
than a few nanoseconds.

If anyone has a quad processor Xeon they are not using, feel free to
send it my way. :-D

Jeremy Newman <jnewman at>
CodeWeavers, Inc.