winehq mailing list archives being harvested by spammers

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at intelliware.ca
Thu Apr 24 11:49:11 CDT 2003

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Dan Kegel wrote:

> Examples of effective privacy measures for mailing list archives
> include:
>    * restricting archive access to list members
>    * not restricting access, but using the HTTP password mechanism
>      to discourage spiders (e.g. perforce-users mailing list)

I am sorry, but this makes the archives unavailable to Google,
which is just plain unaccetable. We might as well not have them
at all, our search engine on WineHQ is basically useless for
searching the archives (it fails to do even a shitty job,
whereas the same query on Google will get you what you want
virtually every time).

--
Dimi.