winehq mailing list archives being harvested by spammers

Jeremy Newman jnewman at
Thu Apr 24 12:55:40 CDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-04-24 at 12:46, Duane Clark wrote:
> And I will just add that there have been a number of complaints to both
> the various lists and administrator email addresses recently, which make
> it clear that spammers are indeed currently harvesting email addresses
> off the wine archives. I agree that the archives really do need to
> obscure them.

Ok, I can obscure them. I just need to write a script that goes through
the archives to do that. I'm a bit busy today, but I will get to it. To
save me time, someone could simply send me one.

I don't think our version of mailman has a feature to do that. A new one
might. In that case it would be a good idea to upgrade our mailman.

Jeremy Newman <jnewman at>
CodeWeavers, Inc.