slovene keyboard without dead keys

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Sat Apr 26 05:28:32 CDT 2003

"Rok Mandeljc" <rokmandeljc at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have problems with XFree86 4.3 and wine's keyboard layout detection
> scheme. It seems that wine can't detect dead keys and use alt, therefore my
> previous slovene layout isn't detected anymore. This one loads perfectly,
> although alt-key combinations don't work.

I'm strongly against fixing problems with new XFree86 4.3.0 this way and
polluting x11drv with lots of similar keyboard layouts. A way to solve
your problem is to use something like this in your XF86Config:

Option "XkbLayout" "us,si"
Option "XkbOptions" "grp:ctrl_shift_toggle"

I.e. explicitly add "us" layout as the first language group and use
Ctrl+Shift to switch between base and alternate keyboard layouts.

--
Dmitry.