slovene keyboard without dead keys

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Sat Apr 26 21:45:18 CDT 2003

"Shachar Shemesh" <wine-devel at shemesh.biz> wrote:

> At some point we will have no choice but to add support in Wine to this.
> I am not a major hurt party, as my layout is going to be us,il even
> without the Wine problem, but this is causing people grief. This gets
> worse through the fact that the new X behaviour is actually a better
> one. We are now officially holding people back from moving a behaviour
> that is better for them.

I don't see why explicitly adding a "us" keyboard layout would hurt people,
since before 4.3.0 release en_US was a mandatory layout existing whether
the user wanted it or not.

> I would volunteer to do it, except I'm unusually busy of late. I know
> that you have messed around with the keyboard code at some time. If you
> have time, I recommend you look at it.

Actually I have a plan to implement support for keyboard layout Win32 APIs
and that anyway requires rewrite of big chunks of the existing keyboard code
in x11drv, and as a part of that rewrite I'm going to decouple all existing
keyboard layout tables with a US English one and build new tables with LCID
and a layout id, but so far I don't know how to support several layouts for
single locale but with different code pages (for instance for Russian locale
we need to support 20866 (KOI8-R) and 1251 code pages).

--
Dmitry.