Mac OS X Support (patch with diff -u)

Pierre d'Herbemont stegefin at free.fr
Mon Apr 28 09:16:08 CDT 2003

On Sunday, April 27, 2003, at 10:59 PM, Marcus Meissner wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 27, 2003 at 10:09:43PM +0200, Pierre d'Herbemont wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Here is a patch which mostly enables compilation on Mac OS X. The
>> support is not full as there is still some makefiles issues on which I
>> can't find a *clean* correction and a new issue I discovered in this
>> cvs version related to the libwine_port and the getopt function.
>>
>> Sorry for the -u option, I thought it was enabled by default :(
>
> The PPC assembly stuff appears correct to me :)

Hum... I dont understand on which assembler part you refer :( . (sorry
but you know my english is... ;)
  If you were asking why did I had a #ifdef __darwin__ on the PPC asm,
it was because it seems that Mac OS X linker doesn't like the mnemonics
syntax used (dunno why, but...). For example it wants 'r1' instead of
'1', and for gcc there was some register preservation we must use (r0
with lwarx)... That is why there is those corrections.

But if you were just saying its ok, then, hum... ok :)

Thanks,

Pierre