Patch to get Borland's bcc 5.5 (free beer compiler) to work

Uwe Bonnes bon at
Mon Apr 28 13:08:02 CDT 2003

    Troy> The only problem in the head code appears to be in the linker,
    Troy> which it turns out has a problem when it's told there's 3GB of
    Troy> user address space. Since Windows only offers a 3GB user address
    Troy> space in what passes for Microsoft's high end server editions of
    Troy> the operating system, it is unlikely that this is necessary. My
    Troy> solution is to drop the user address space to 2GB - if 3GB is
    Troy> desired, it probably should be a configurable option rather than
    Troy> hard coded as is the case now.

    Troy> I dealt with a related FIXME along the way.

    Troy> diff -u -r1.4 virtual.c --- dlls/ntdll/virtual.c 7 Jan 2003
    Troy> 20:36:28 -0000 1.4 +++ dlls/ntdll/virtual.c 28 Apr 2003 00:05:58
    Troy> -0000 @@ -102,7 +102,8 @@ # define page_mask 0xfff # define
    Troy> page_shift 12 # define page_size 0x1000 -# define

What version did you specify in ~/.wine/config [windows] version?
I guess you ran in non NT mode. And I guess your change will do havoc to
programs needing NT mode (like Xilix ISE). Probably the limit has to be set
in dependance of the version emulated.

Uwe Bonnes                bon at