Wine, WIDE & Unix (was: Support for pkgconfig)

Patrik Stridvall ps at leissner.se
Tue Apr 29 04:38:18 CDT 2003

> > Once you have a skinning API, you just implement a 'gnome
> compat' and 'kde
> > compat' skin (or even just an automagical one that does
> both) the thing would
> > "just work", right?  Why, it shouldn't take more than a
> couple of hours ;)
> > (WARNING: that last part was a joke, if you set your watch
> by this you very
> > well may miss work for several years).
>
> I don't think we could do KDE skins, as (surprise) they depend on Qt
> which is GPLd.

Well, I can't see why Trolltech (the owners of Qt) would object.

Presumably the main reason that you would want a Qt skin for
Windows application running under Wine is that you run several
other Unix applications using Qt...

So I can't see why they wouldn't give us special permission
if we for some reason would need it...

The alternative a GTK skinned only Wine would not benefit them
at all, quite the opposite.