iphlpapi.dll implementation

Juan Lang juan_lang at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 30 03:39:19 CDT 2003

Folks, in case anyone's looking, I've implemented most
of the Get* functions of ip helper API included in
Windows NT4 or Windows 98.  I'm not planning to
implement functions added in Win2K or XP at this time.

Email me if interested.  No, it's not vaporware, it's
just not as well tested as I'd like.

I'm hoping to tackle reducing code duplication in this
DLL, wsock32, and netapi, and also remove wsock32's
dependency on the UNIX socket includes.  This has all
been discussed before here in this thread:
http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-devel/2001/09/0042.html

For interface enumeration and address (IP and MAC)
getting, I use ioctls.  This should aid portability
(I've tested the ioctls on Linux, FreeBSD, and
Solaris).  Stats I still read from /proc.  All this
stuff is in its own file to keep less-portable code
together.

Cheers,
--Juan