[[email protected]: .msi files]

Antony Gelberg antony at antgel.co.uk
Sat Aug 2 15:31:21 CDT 2003

On Sat, Aug 02, 2003 at 01:44:13AM -0500, Gregory M. Turner wrote:
> On Friday 01 August 2003 09:56 pm, Antony Gelberg wrote:
> > >
> > > Based on this, I have a hunch: update to the latest cvs wine and you are
> > > good to go.  I think the fix just went in very recently.  It's cabinet
> > > stuff.
> > >
> > > --
> > > gmt
> >
> > Just upgraded to latest CVS, but still no dice.  Any idea where the fix
> > went?
> >
> > It's 4AM here now, so I
> > think I'll stop for the night, but thanks all for your help.  Hopefully
> > we can get it resolved!
> >
> > Antony
>
> o maybe, perhaps probably, it's still cabinet.dll's fault!  try cabinet.dll=n
> with a native cabinet.dll.  If this works, please let me know.
>
> --
> gmt

Great, I'm getting much further now!  I also had to install DCOM98.

However, I get 1628: Failed to complete installation, in a dialog box.
This is before any files are copied as part of the installi, and before
any questions are asked.  The log with -debug +relay is only 107MB -
any more pointers?

Antony